Applying nail foils

Hi all! I've had a few people contact me in the past for help applying nail foils, and as it has taken me a long time and a lot of trial and error I thought I would write a post on exactly how I do it. Please ignore my nubs - I broke a nail and am still sulking about it. If you haven't mastered this yet, I suggest starting with a foil that doesn't have any images or complicated patterns. Simple holos are the easiest in my opinion. Let me know if it helps or if you have any other suggestions!





 Step 1: Paint your nails in a colour that is similar to the foil you want to apply. This is Gold Rush Fever from Ulta3.

Step2: Cut your foil into small squares the size of your nails. This is the most important step - you won't get a smooth application if you try to use is straight from the roll.
Step 3: Apply a layer of the foil glue. You want a thin enough layer to dry quick, but you need to apply enough to ensure you have full coverage.
Step 4: Place one of the squares of foil in the middle of the nail, then rub from the middle to the outside of the nail. This will ensure you get as few wrinkles as possible.
 Step 5: Apply another layer of foil glue.
Step 6: Apply another layer of nail foil, top coat and you're done! Be sure to use a top coat that won't wrinkle the foil, so no fast drying top coats! Gel polish works the best for this.

Below are some manis I have done using foil. The first 2 are using this method, the 3rd one is just using one coat of foil, and the last one was done as a distressed mani, which was achieved by applying straight off the roll and not applying the glue all over the nail.





No comments

Post a Comment